(Fewer) Words Matter

 I have been thinking about my first post and the poem that grabbed me by the throat. I heard recently there is a new interest in poetry. Why? Probably because we are given so many words each day to process; a flood of words.  

Poetry says, ‘Hey, here is a cool story in a thimble full of words.’  

Thank God! Because I have to read a thousand just to clear out my inbox!


So if you feel like you need to use less words, here is a short TED talk called: How to Write Less but Say More by Jim VandeHei.

He founded Axios and another company to train people that less is more. 

Write Less, Say More


And if you want to bathe in a few words that really mean something, here is Joshua Bennett’s poem again, 

Benediction

    • If you would like to pre-order his new book click here to find a way to the good people at bookshop.org who work to support local bookstores. I will get a small commission from the order: My Bookstore
    • You can order any book through my store.


Finally, If you trying to use the best words for a subject line in a cold email, check out Jordan Crawford on LinkedIn  He tells a lot of stories about using the best and fewest words with pain not persona being the operative idea.


May your day be full of new ideas and collaboration,

Van



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words Matter: “its infinite, unthinkable costs”

Airlines Prepared for What Scenarios?